Long Island woman, 25, reveals recent disturbing encounter with Gilgo Beach serial killings suspect Rex Heuermann
Leroy N. Soetoro
2023-07-14 23:48:30 UTC
https://nypost.com/2023/07/14/woman-reveals-disturbing-encounter-with-
gilgo-suspect-rex-heuermann/

A young Long Island woman revealed Friday that she had a disturbing
encounter recently with Gilgo Beach murder suspect Rex Heuermann earlier
this month in a park — and that she was so shaken that she filed a police
report.

Ally, 25, who declined to provide her last name, said she was shocked to
see the man nabbed in the killings was the same creep who she encountered
on July 3 in Brady Park, which is just a few minutes’ drive from
Heuermann’s home on 1st Avenue in Massapequa Park.

“I was going for a bike ride over in Brady Park and he came up behind me
and he asked me what time it was,” Ally exclusively told The Post.

“He was trying to compliment me. Asking me if I came here often. Asking me
my name,” Ally told The Post of the 59-year-old architect’s bizarre
behavior.

“He had very dirty clothes on. He popped right out of the woods.
Everywhere I went in the woods he would pop out somewhere,” she continued.

She said he kept pestering her, approaching her twice during her trip to
the park.

“The first time he came up behind me I felt like breathing behind me. Then
he ask me what time it was and he saw the picture of me and my boyfriend
on my phone. So he was just asking me questions,” she said.

Eventually, Ally said, she was so upset by Heuermann’s conduct that she
called her sister to pick her up.

“That’s when I got (my sister) on the phone because I got nervous. She had
to pick me up. I couldn’t even go home from my bike ride,” she recalled.

Ally filed a police report about the encounter.

Two weeks later, she was horrified when she heard that Heuermann had been
arrested in connection with the deaths of at least three women whose
remains were discovered on Ocean Parkway near Gilgo State Park in December
2010.

“My mom showed me the picture and I started screaming. I got so nervous
because I realized that that was him,” Ally told The Post.

Who is Gilgo Beach serial killer suspect Rex Heuermann?
A suspected serial killer has been arrested over the notorious Gilgo Beach
murders in Long Island, The Post can confirm.

Rex Heuermann, 59, a married dad of two and architect at a New York City
firm, has a home on 1st Avenue in Massapequa Park, sources told The Post.

His arrest is tied to the “Gilgo Four,” four women — Melissa Barthelemy,
24, Megan Waterman, 22, Amber Lynn Costello, 27, and Maureen Brainard-
Barnes, 25 — found wrapped in burlap within days of each other in 2010.

https://nypost.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2023/07/gilgo-beach-murder-
suspect-serial-killer-06.jpg?resize=857,1024&quality=75&strip=all

The body of Barthelemy was first found along Ocean Parkway on Dec. 11,
2010, sparking fears of a serial killer in the area.

By spring 2011, the number of bodies had climbed to 10, including eight
women as well as an unidentified man and toddler.

Heuermann’s arrest comes after Suffolk County’s new police commissioner
created a special Gilgo Beach Homicide Investigation Task Force in
February 2022.

Follow the Post’s Live blog for updates

Heuermann, a married dad of two, pleaded not guilty on Friday to a slew of
charges – including three counts of first-degree murder – related to the
deaths of Melissa Barthelemy, Megan Waterman, and Amber Costello, who
bodies were all found dumped along Ocean Parkway near Gilgo State Park in
December 2010.

He was linked to the infamous crimes in part through DNA obtained from a
discarded pizza crust, his bail application revealed.

Heuermann is also the prime suspect in the death of Maureen Brainard-
Barnes, who was the first of the so-called “Gilgo Four” to disappear, the
document stated.

Ally is not the only person who thought Heuermann was sinister: one former
professional acquaintance described the father of two as “weird.”

“He was always odd. He’d mosey around. We knew something was odd about
him,” the individual, who asked not to be named, told The Post Friday.

“I feel like it makes sense he’s a serial killer. He’s a weirdo,” they
added.
--
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so that
stupid people won't be offended.

Durham Report: The FBI has an integrity problem. It has none.

fiasco, President Trump.

queer liberal democrat donors.

Charles Li
2023-07-16 01:57:29 UTC